SGC Media's business is focused on seven principles:
1. Music marketing must be integrated. No campaign component exists in isolation. Every part of a campaign must work with common goals, creating a momentum which carries a project through to success. As such SGC covers print, radio, online, streaming and TV and can integrate social media and advertising to ensure you get the spread of media you need for your campaign. We rather avoid the excuse of “that’s not my area”.
2. Relationships matter. A robust email list is a must. A great database of contacts is necessary. But the ability to convey passion, be respected for your musical convictions by people who matter and talk one-on-one about clients whether it be in physical music meetings, phone chats, lunches or a simple beer chat is what makes a real publicist. SGC Media and it's companies are real publicists.
3. Music marketing must be sustainable. Launching any new product involves risk, however we believe in managing the risk, growing sustainably with calculated marketing actions, not high-priced marketing gambles. SGC has a range of packages and services to ensure you’re not overpaying for services you don’t need and can work with us over a longer period of time. We don’t want to work on your project for a couple of months, we want to become part of your long-term team and we understand we have a role to play in ensuring that sustainability.
4. True music marketing is about building the profile and legacy of an artist, not just a record or a tour. We can do tour PR or CD release PR. But at the heart of everything we do is building audiences with bands. That doesn't happen overnight and we choose clients with a healthy respect for momentum building and an understanding that there's no such thing as an overnight success. We build solid PR and marketing foundations for our artists to build on with their art.
5. Music marketing must be global. The digital age has lifted borders. Fan bases are global and as such, your product and campaign should be globally relevant and your aim should be to build a network of supporters that can provide you with a long-term career. Whether we work with your team overseas, you want us to look at overseas media options, help you build your global team or slip into your existing one, we always have an eye to the bigger picture.
6. Music marketing must follow an ambition of authenticity. We believe in career artists who create music that deserves to find a market, not those who create music in the hope of filling one or expect a campaign to push style over substance. Integrity, honesty and quality is what media look for in us, therefore it is what we look for in the people we work with, regardless of genre.
7. Respect is at the heart of everything we do. We respect your art. We respect your time. We respect your investment. We respect your relationships. We respect that this is more than just a 'job' or a 'project'. We expect the same in return.
To discuss your project, contact (07) 3123 5331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The SGC Group's campaigns are focused on six principles:
1. STORY, PURPOSE & AUTHENTICITY
Whether you’re an artist, product or event, having a deep understanding of your project, story, legacy and long-term brand should always be #1 in any marketing plan. We understand that getting the message and image right needs to come before placing ads and sending out press releases. We work with you to define your goals and authentic purpose and enact our strategies to find like-minded disciples who want to join you on that journey whether they be media, influencers, fans or customers.
Getting media coverage or placing ads is not a strategy, it's simply a tool used to achieve a goal. We don’t start with “digital”, “radio” or “PR”. We look at your project holistically and globally. When you work with a team that can cover all of your needs, your planning starts with your audience. Where are they? What are THEIR needs? And what do they need to know or hear?
Music marketing must be integrated. If you are dealing with radio without thinking about digital or creating a digital campaign without a clear PR strategy, your campaign is not complete. We can either become your marketing team or can integrate into your internal team, filling the key gaps for a seamless and integrated campaign.
Human relationships matter. A robust email list, advertising audience or a great database of contacts are necessary tools, but the ability to convey passion, be respected for your musical convictions and an to talk one-on-one about projects with media and influencers that trust you is what makes all the difference. Managing fan relationships is just as important. Placing ads on socials or firing off press releases is ineffective if the investment in relationships, respect and time have not been made.
Music marketing must be sustainable. Launching any new product, artist, festival or tour involves risk, however we believe in managing the risk, growing sustainably with calculated marketing actions, not high-priced marketing gambles. We want to become part of your long-term team and understand we have a role to play in ensuring that sustainability by honestly keeping budgets in check in the early stages of projects by not over-servicing, but also advising on additional options and investments as your needs grow.
6. RESPECT & CARE
Respect and Care is at the heart of everything we do. We respect and care for your art. We respect your ethos. We respect your time. We respect your investment. We respect your relationships. We respect that this is more than just a 'job' or a 'project’. We respect the professionalism of our clients and care for our people. We expect the same from everyone we work with in return.