SGC Media's business is focused on seven principles:
1. Music marketing must be integrated. No campaign component exists in isolation. Every part of a campaign must work with common goals, creating a momentum which carries a project through to success. As such SGC covers print, radio, online, streaming and TV and can integrate social media and advertising to ensure you get the spread of media you need for your campaign. We rather avoid the excuse of “that’s not my area”.
2. Relationships matter. A robust email list is a must. A great database of contacts is necessary. But the ability to convey passion, be respected for your musical convictions by people who matter and talk one-on-one about clients whether it be in physical music meetings, phone chats, lunches or a simple beer chat is what makes a real publicist. SGC Media and it's companies are real publicists.
3. Music marketing must be sustainable. Launching any new product involves risk, however we believe in managing the risk, growing sustainably with calculated marketing actions, not high-priced marketing gambles. SGC has a range of packages and services to ensure you’re not overpaying for services you don’t need and can work with us over a longer period of time. We don’t want to work on your project for a couple of months, we want to become part of your long-term team and we understand we have a role to play in ensuring that sustainability.
4. True music marketing is about building the profile and legacy of an artist, not just a record or a tour. We can do tour PR or CD release PR. But at the heart of everything we do is building audiences with bands. That doesn't happen overnight and we choose clients with a healthy respect for momentum building and an understanding that there's no such thing as an overnight success. We build solid PR and marketing foundations for our artists to build on with their art.
5. Music marketing must be global. The digital age has lifted borders. Fan bases are global and as such, your product and campaign should be globally relevant and your aim should be to build a network of supporters that can provide you with a long-term career. Whether we work with your team overseas, you want us to look at overseas media options, help you build your global team or slip into your existing one, we always have an eye to the bigger picture.
6. Music marketing must follow an ambition of authenticity. We believe in career artists who create music that deserves to find a market, not those who create music in the hope of filling one or expect a campaign to push style over substance. Integrity, honesty and quality is what media look for in us, therefore it is what we look for in the people we work with, regardless of genre.
7. Respect is at the heart of everything we do. We respect your art. We respect your time. We respect your investment. We respect your relationships. We respect that this is more than just a 'job' or a 'project'. We expect the same in return.
To discuss your project, contact (07) 3123 5331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“SGC Media Pty Ltd” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“SGC Media Pty Ltd” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 August 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.