SGC Media's business is focused on seven principles:
1. Music marketing must be integrated. No campaign component exists in isolation. Every part of a campaign must work with common goals, creating a momentum which carries a project through to success. As such SGC covers print, radio, online, streaming and TV and can integrate social media and advertising to ensure you get the spread of media you need for your campaign. We rather avoid the excuse of “that’s not my area”.
2. Relationships matter. A robust email list is a must. A great database of contacts is necessary. But the ability to convey passion, be respected for your musical convictions by people who matter and talk one-on-one about clients whether it be in physical music meetings, phone chats, lunches or a simple beer chat is what makes a real publicist. SGC Media and it's companies are real publicists.
3. Music marketing must be sustainable. Launching any new product involves risk, however we believe in managing the risk, growing sustainably with calculated marketing actions, not high-priced marketing gambles. SGC has a range of packages and services to ensure you’re not overpaying for services you don’t need and can work with us over a longer period of time. We don’t want to work on your project for a couple of months, we want to become part of your long-term team and we understand we have a role to play in ensuring that sustainability.
4. True music marketing is about building the profile and legacy of an artist, not just a record or a tour. We can do tour PR or CD release PR. But at the heart of everything we do is building audiences with bands. That doesn't happen overnight and we choose clients with a healthy respect for momentum building and an understanding that there's no such thing as an overnight success. We build solid PR and marketing foundations for our artists to build on with their art.
5. Music marketing must be global. The digital age has lifted borders. Fan bases are global and as such, your product and campaign should be globally relevant and your aim should be to build a network of supporters that can provide you with a long-term career. Whether we work with your team overseas, you want us to look at overseas media options, help you build your global team or slip into your existing one, we always have an eye to the bigger picture.
6. Music marketing must follow an ambition of authenticity. We believe in career artists who create music that deserves to find a market, not those who create music in the hope of filling one or expect a campaign to push style over substance. Integrity, honesty and quality is what media look for in us, therefore it is what we look for in the people we work with, regardless of genre.
7. Respect is at the heart of everything we do. We respect your art. We respect your time. We respect your investment. We respect your relationships. We respect that this is more than just a 'job' or a 'project'. We expect the same in return.
To discuss your project, contact (07) 3123 5331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
#TrustedForTaste for over fifteen years, Purple Sneakers is Australia’s most respected electronic, dance, hip hop and indie music hubs. With its origins as one of Sydney’s most notorious underground parties and becoming a trusted music tastemaker, Purple Sneakers is the place underground music fans have turned for nearly two generations to connect with what’s hot both today and tomorrow.
Anchored by the country’s most respected music website with a true passion for both music and independent, quality music journalism, Purple Sneakers has created a passionate community with live events, playlists, parties, compilation albums and DJs.
Some of Australia’s biggest musical names got their first shows at Purple Sneakers parties including Flume, Rufus du Sol, Alison Wonderland, The Rubens, What So Not, The Jezabels and Nina Las Vegas, while Purple Sneakers DJs have brought the tunes at festivals including Splendour in the Grass, Groovin The Moo, Falls, Beyond the Valley, Big Day Out and many more as well as on Sydney’s FBI Radio.
Reaching over 400,000 people every month across its suite of online, DSP, social media assets and mailing list of over 15,000 fans, Purple Sneakers is the ultimate window into Australia's tastemakers.