SGC Media's business is focused on seven principles:
1. Music marketing must be integrated. No campaign component exists in isolation. Every part of a campaign must work with common goals, creating a momentum which carries a project through to success. As such SGC covers print, radio, online, streaming and TV and can integrate social media and advertising to ensure you get the spread of media you need for your campaign. We rather avoid the excuse of “that’s not my area”.
2. Relationships matter. A robust email list is a must. A great database of contacts is necessary. But the ability to convey passion, be respected for your musical convictions by people who matter and talk one-on-one about clients whether it be in physical music meetings, phone chats, lunches or a simple beer chat is what makes a real publicist. SGC Media and it's companies are real publicists.
3. Music marketing must be sustainable. Launching any new product involves risk, however we believe in managing the risk, growing sustainably with calculated marketing actions, not high-priced marketing gambles. SGC has a range of packages and services to ensure you’re not overpaying for services you don’t need and can work with us over a longer period of time. We don’t want to work on your project for a couple of months, we want to become part of your long-term team and we understand we have a role to play in ensuring that sustainability.
4. True music marketing is about building the profile and legacy of an artist, not just a record or a tour. We can do tour PR or CD release PR. But at the heart of everything we do is building audiences with bands. That doesn't happen overnight and we choose clients with a healthy respect for momentum building and an understanding that there's no such thing as an overnight success. We build solid PR and marketing foundations for our artists to build on with their art.
5. Music marketing must be global. The digital age has lifted borders. Fan bases are global and as such, your product and campaign should be globally relevant and your aim should be to build a network of supporters that can provide you with a long-term career. Whether we work with your team overseas, you want us to look at overseas media options, help you build your global team or slip into your existing one, we always have an eye to the bigger picture.
6. Music marketing must follow an ambition of authenticity. We believe in career artists who create music that deserves to find a market, not those who create music in the hope of filling one or expect a campaign to push style over substance. Integrity, honesty and quality is what media look for in us, therefore it is what we look for in the people we work with, regardless of genre.
7. Respect is at the heart of everything we do. We respect your art. We respect your time. We respect your investment. We respect your relationships. We respect that this is more than just a 'job' or a 'project'. We expect the same in return.
To discuss your project, contact (07) 3123 5331 or email@example.com
The SGC Group's flagship company, SGC Media launched in 2010, SGC Media has steered campaigns for artists as diverse as Sheppard, Lauv, Janet Jackson, Lime Cordiale, The Kid Laroi, Cub Sport, 50 Cent, Hans Zimmer, John Butler Trio, Gurrumul, The Ten Tenors, Imagine Dragons, Sofi Tukker and Nirvana as well as events including the Queensland Music Festival, National Indigenous Music Awards, Australian Music Prize, BIGSOUND, Barunga Festival and many more.
A full-service music company, we provide radio, print, online and TV publicity as well as digital marketing, strategy, social marketing and a high standard of client engagement and reporting. Our clients enjoy the expertise of specialist print, commercial radio and social media strategists with access to industry-leading tools and research to put us at the forefront of music marketing.
SGC Media is not just a publicist, it's a PR and marketing department for your music or event.
If you'd like to discuss whether SGC Media is the right team for your artist, label or event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.